Thursday 26 December 2013

BARBIE TEE’s DIARY | 2013 Christmas Season With Ms Santa WakaWaka — Vol. 2


Dancing … “eminado eminado” and trust me, I am really rocking my butt; you should see me right now, I am sweating all over. Well, let me tell you a secret: I really love dancing and it is my own way of exercising. And I really need the exercise with all the Christmas ijekuje that I ate. Well, we all know that Christmas is a time to over indulge, and as someone who is over the top, I really made sure that I enjoyed myself and I tasted all the delicacies I came across. However, something happened that didn’t make my Christmas go the way I had expected.


But before I yan una wetin happen to me, make I first greet una. How una dey and how family? How did your Christmas go, did you stay at home with the family or did you go out to a fun spot? And did you have that merry Christmas people have been wishing you?

For those of you wey your Christmas no ‘merry’ reach, abeg take heart; Christmas still plenty and my prayer be say you go experience many for this planet earth. For those of you wey no get money to buy chicken, take heart oh, because as people dey kill chicken plenty reach, chicken no gree finish for market, and money go come soon and you go fit buy all the chicken wey you want. For the single guys and babes wey spend Christmas alone, no worry; your time dey come and by next Christmas, na you and your better-half go spend am together… Barbie Tee don turn pastor, shey? *winks* don’t be surprised, that is just another side of me.

Well, na me your girl Barbie Tee of the world aka Miss WakaWaka of Nigeria aka Miss Over The Top aka Miss I Don’t Care What People SaySexy Mama toh badt. Christmas fit don pass oh but I still wish all of una a merry merry one. And please, don’t take the Boxing Day seriously if you are not a professional boxer and you are not girded with boxing kits oh, if you try am na your body go know am… *laughing out loud*

Hmmm… now let’s go to the matter of today before I start boring you, or let me just say ‘matter of yesterday’. I told you all last week about my oga’s handsome son that just came back from America and how I desperately tried to get his attention. Well, since that day that he came back, the guy never come him papa office again oh. I kept hoping every day that he would come but he didn’t, and as Christmas don dey come close, I decided to grab one more opportunity to see Mr Tokunbo — in fact, a perfect one.

Since my oga is a Christian, he normally invites his staff to a get together at his house on Christmas day. And all the years that I have worked with him, I have never been really interested in the party, I only go to show face and as soon as I see say everybody don see me say I come, I don waka comot sharp sharp. But this year, this party became really paramount… in fact, I turned down so many offers from guys who wanted me to spend Christmas with them — this is Operation Get The Americana, and I won’t rest till I get what I want.

I visited a boutique and bought for myself a red figure hugging dress; I made sure it covered me all over so that I won’t look like a slut but also made sure it was tight and curve enhancing. I made a hairstyle that I know fits me well. Christmas day came and I took extra care with my makeup, sprayed on my most expensive cologne, and wore a silver heeled sandal. I blew myself a kiss in the mirror and I was out of the house.

I went to the party late so that I will be able to make a show stopping entrance. And yes indeed, I made one because as soon as I stepped in, all heads trended to my direction and I quickly scanned the crowd for Mr Tokunbo… but unfortunately, he wasn’t there and my heart broke.

Well, I just got to the party and I am sure that he will come out from wherever he is in the house. I greeted my oga, his wife, my colleagues and other familiar faces… but Mr Tokunbo was still not around — what is going on? I just kept telling myself to calm down and that he would soon be out.

I went to sit with a colleague that is very humorous so that I will be laughing when Mr Tokunbo finally comes out. Forty-five minutes later and the party was getting boring already, but Mr Tokunbo was still nowhere to be found. Some people were already leaving and I didn’t blame them; I would have left earlier if not for the mission I was set to accomplish. All the funny things my colleague was saying didn’t sound funny again; I just sat there pretending like they were… and inside, I was screaming “Mr Tokunbo, where are you?”

I was in the middle of the thousandth screaming when I heard my oga’s voice. I looked up and he was calling the attention of everybody to make an announcement… he greeted everyone and thanked us all for coming — the only reason I paid attention was because I was hoping he would say something about his son… and yes, he did! But what he said broke my heart big time; in fact, it took me so much strength not to burst into tears… my oga said his son just came back from America but decided to visit Calabar with friends for Christmas.

I didn’t even listen to any other thing my oga said… I was just like: Mr Tokunbo, why? Why did you have to choose hanging out with friends over spending Christmas with your family? What will I do now? Will I go to Calabar to look for him? No! Not possible… but God, I need this man badly. I just have to find a way to do this.

I bade goodbye to everyone and left the party. I instantly called one of my “run come collect chocolate”. You know I can’t just let the super killing dressing go down the drain like that — not even on a Christmas day! Well, we ended up going to the beach and yes, I enjoyed myself but I couldn’t just stop thinking about Mr Tokunbo.

I just told myself that I won’t give up yet ni; before next week, miracle fit happen and my wish fit come to pass. So don’t miss out on next week’s episode to know what happened with “My Pursuit for Mr Tokunbo” (funny enough; that is not his name… I don’t even know his name yet *crying again* can I have your shoulder or hankie?) or any other thing that happened to me. Till then, make una dey feel fine and remember my advice about not boxing… as for now, I remain your one and only Miss WakaWaka.

Barbie Tee

2 comments:

  1. Lool!!!! Ntoin!!! Lmao @ "Run come collect chocolate"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always looking forward to this...nice one

    ReplyDelete