Tuesday 8 October 2013

#MBz14 – Who Wants Me Dead? Part 1

I probably forgot I was holding my mobile device to my left ear as I stared at this guy, who had me wondering if there was an event on campus and I had obliviously picked the exact dress match for it from my wardrobe. Except for the dark shades on his face, an onlooker would have said I was rocking ‘aso ebi’ with this stranger.

Femi.” The obviously angry voice on my device brought me back to reality. And with the thought of ‘angry voice’, I shook my head to the swiftness in which a once very sweet voice can turn to audio mare for the slightest reason. “Now, you are keeping silent, right? You’re still seeing that binsh, you lying bastard.” I actually was out of words, so all I could do was sighed. “Or why would her cultist boyfriend still call you to leave her alone?”

But just last night, in Nancy’s presence, I had called and broke up with Jessica on the phone. And on loudspeaker, she had heard Jessica swore to have me killed if that was how I had decided to treat after all the love she showed me. But with just a call from Jessica’s ex-boyfriend, all I did to prove my undying love to Nancy was already six feet deep. She threw a tantrum and left my room in anger. And as I walked into the campus, reminiscing the hot and crazy rove I made with her last night, Nancy called and had not been sounding like she was ready to listen to any explanation.

“I see you are a player, Femi,” Nancy screamed into my ears, “you cajoled me into giving you my body last night, all to go behind and apologize to that binsh. You are dead, bro. You feel I’m gentle and I know nothing; just keep watching your back!” words sounded unbelievable enough but she added, “They are coming for you.” And she dropped the call.

Cajoled her? But I broke up with Jessica for real and my life was at stake for that reason. And it seemed Gizzy, Jessica’s ex, lacked the latest update, otherwise he wouldn’t have called threatening to kill me if I didn’t leave his girl. But it was that call that triggered Nancy to go ballistic on me. And I sure knew that Nancy may appear gentle; but her brothers, whom I met, were obviously protectively deadly.

I was lost in thought, and so walked past the junction to my faculty. I turned and walked back. And not long, I heard a car skid behind me. I glanced back and in a flash, I saw two deadly looking people alighted with speed and in their hands were guns.

Does it usually get this real? Must “love me” be a do-or-die issue? How do you handle it when a bluff actually explodes in your face with an assurance of instant death? These and a million more questions crossed my mind in a micro-second, and all I did was raise my hands to cover my face as soon as I saw one of the guys raised and aimed his gun at me… And I woke up on this hospital bed.

Mikell: From what you said now, you received three different death threats and in less than twenty-four hours, you survived an attack. I should tell you to thank your stars that you raised your hands because the only bullet shot at you was found in your left arm. However, the reason they left off in a hurry but didn’t wait a bit more to finish you off is what I’m trying to figure out. So, I am here with Nancy, Jessica and Ziggy for you to tell me about your life with them from the scratch, while they sit and listen as well. And that way, we will be able to know WHO WANTS YOU DEAD.

…MikellzBluez Continues…
#MBz14 © 2013


PS. #MikellzBluez recently added FIVE NEW Segments POEM, INSPIRE, Cwazie Moi, FLICKZ and PROMO — to further serve you with beautiful viewing and reading experience. Don’t forget to check them out as well. Thanks, as you enjoy reading them.

#MikellzBluez is open to comments, suggestions, ideas, criticism, inquiries, and every other positive contribution to take the Blog to the next level. You can reach us via mikellzbluez@gmail.com or Mikell’s personal Twitter and Facebook Accounts. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Sandra, it's my pleasure to inform you that we already finished the story in the 8th episode, on Friday. So, kindly go through the homepage and search for the sequels amongst other very interesting posts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete