Tuesday 31 December 2013

INSPIRE | Reflections Of 2013 And Aspirations For 2014


Yeah today is the last day in the last month of the year and I just want to take a moment to reflect on the year 2013. This New Year Eve moment that we are living in right now reminds me of the same moment in 2012 when 2013 was still all new and no one had an idea of what it will bring with it, we were as ecstatic as we are now then.

I am very sure somewhere in our mind pages then, we all had list of things we wanted to accomplish in 2013… and that is why religious places are always extra full on New Year’s Eve because everybody wants to feel a spiritual connection to something supernatural with the hope that it will give them all what they want in the new coming year. But now that we have flipped through the pages of 2013, let’s face it; not everything went the way we wanted. In fact, some people didn’t have anything go the way they wanted; and in spite of the long stretch of days, some people didn’t even achieve one single goal….

The year turned out to be the way previous years had always been—a mixture good and bad—tragedies occurred and good things happened too. Looking back now, there were times sadness engulfed me and there were times I was joyous, I got lucky sometimes and it was the other way round some other times… but looking back now, if I want to count the bad times, the good times are there to cover it up. And at the end of it all as I am standing here highly anticipating the arrival of a new year I am totally happy about the way the year 2013 went.

I am totally grateful that in spite of the entire storm that waged I still have my life and I still have the opportunity of another year to work towards my goals. I can’t say I want 2014 to be entirely good because it will be bad sometimes, and trust me, it is the bad times that will make us appreciate the good times the more. But whatever happens, I want to be as grateful as I am today on the next New Year Eve.

I still have goals and aspirations, the ones I carried from 2013 and the newly added ones and I will do all within my human capacity to strike the gold but if I don’t achieve them in 2014, I will just keep trying, God spare my life! And your goals too should be walked towards, so that we can fulfil our purpose on earth.

And to all of you that are reading this, the fact that you are alive means that the story of your life continues, and that part of the story that started badly can still end up good. So we at #MikellzBluez wish you a new year that brings bearable sadness and happiness that covers it.

Happy New Year!!!


Tosin

No comments:

Post a Comment