Tuesday 3 December 2013

[CWAZIE MOI] Independence Speech #RePost



Another October 1st is here! Yes, Happy Independence (even as I couldn’t sleep well due to the fear the vigilantes in my area gave the whole neighbourhood about an impending serial armed robbery)! Yes, the famous October 1st is here and my mom can like to regale us with how they usually wore all whites and trekked from Agodi-Gate to Liberty Stadium just to celebrate the Independence Day. Yes, they did. And they usually met friends on the road, with whom they would sing and talk to their destination without knowing they just walked across the metropolis. Where are the school pupils walking today? And is Nigeria still the country that had done you so proudly that you would willingly walk under the sun to celebrate her independence?

Nigeria is 53! Pop that champagne, engage King Sunny Ade (in a media player) to sing for me, roll me some wewe, get me those girls who are not shy to put those heavenly-brought blessings on a brother, and have my brothers screaming their lungs off … but for what? Oh here we go again; I am about ruining the party by mentioning all the problems we already know we have. But no, I will just tell you one: PDP!

Oh yes, we all know that one too. Okay, but I will still write what I want to write, read if you don’t like!

Just when Nigeria almost crashed from the killer Virus called: Military Regime, we re-installed ourselves an Anti-Virus called: Democracy. Yes, we were happy and hoped Nigeria works better, only for democracy to bring along a super Virus called: PDP! This virus has been so bad; people are actually thinking the most suitable Anti-Virus for it is the Military Regime!

I can tell you that the acronym PDP has messed things up so badly, political stakeholders are dying for any type of replacement; they go like: “give me any acronym: APC, NRC, SDP, ABC, HIV … anything but PDP please; the last time I used that ish, my fuel price increased for nothing and my kids are taking a compulsory vacation!”

Yes, we are in 2013 and these people won’t let us rest about 2015 (or am I using the wrong calendar?). God should keep us till 2015 is all we pray for; I just don’t know how an obvious bad luck could be christened Goodluck!

The most annoying part of this issue is: Nigerians voted for him. The level of smartness in Nigerians was disgraced the moment everyone ushered themselves like zombies to pooling points to thumb that black man in. You can tell from his responses and dispositions to matters, he doesn’t represent at all. I am sure that whenever his thought crosses George W Bush Jnr’s mind, the white man will go like: “Americans can like to chill yo!”

Nigeria is 53 but we have nothing spectacular to show for it (did you say Shoprite? What about Shopleft?); but I pray that things will be better as much as we sing the song: “e go better”. Good luck.

#Cwaziest






1 comment:

  1. This is sad , but very true..... You aren't using the wrong calender.... We are a people of Hope. And can only hope for the better , so my friend humble yourself and join the parade from *challenge to liberty Stadium* cause I did that shii too

    ReplyDelete