Sunday 3 November 2013

ANOTHER OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD [POEM] A WOMAN…

To say that women are necessary evils
You need not be primitive or civil
Either as a Queen to a King
Or an ordinary man who found a good thing

In my system, burgeons a virus
You cannot call her a plus, neither minus
As much as she gives me sleepless nights
She stays to make my day bright…

Have you ever met a woman before?
Who is blessed with all you need and more?
But not spared of her natural confusion
Ruining your sanity with paranoia and indecision…

I hear that: You can only love a woman
And may run amok trying to understand
But not to understand what you have to love
Is there any other insanity above…?

Just like meeting a mermaid on my shore
I feel like I have never met a woman before
As sweet as the feeling is on
As much as it is poison…

How could you long for Love till you scare?
And when it comes, you pretend not to care
Even when you care, you still will not believe
Till you want to have back what you did not receive…

But I do not believe your love is to hurt
Neither are all these entirely your fault
You are just A Woman in this picture
And I only have to take you as your nature…


For Her


Mikell © 2013 My Book of Random Thoughts

1 comment:

  1. Sista Tosin, the TOTOrial Mistress!6 November 2013 at 14:57

    Again, you killed me with your poem, well done.

    ReplyDelete